Wednesday, December 23, 2009

City Springs Students are Eager to Return to School

Due to inclement weather Baltimore City Schools are closed today, but one City Springs School student doesn't want a snow day. Here is the story in City Springs Principal Rhonda Richetta's own words:

"The school bell rang. I couldn’t see who it was except that it was a little person wearing a hood. So I asked, 'May I help you?' And he said, 'Ms. Richetta, school’s closed tomorrow!' I said I knew and he asked if he could come tomorrow any way.

I told him there would be nothing for him to do here tomorrow and I wasn’t sure how long I would be here. He also asked me if I got them a present this year (because last year I gave all the students City Springs beanie hats).

I told him yes, and he wanted to know when they would get their present and what it was. I told him that they would get it in January and that it was a surprise. I told him I would give it to him now if I had it, but they had not been delivered yet due to the snow.

He said okay and that he might stop back tomorrow. I said okay (as I was trying not to cry). It was one of my 6th grade boys. It was very heart-wrenching."

Happy Holidays!