|Brenda Kahn teaches classroom managemnet strategies|
The morning began with a continental breakfast, followed by an inspiring speech by BCP President Laura Doherty.
Early morning sessions included:
- The IEP Process (Sue Lattimore, BCP, Patrise Carpenter, Hampstead Hill Academy)
- The Tough Kid Toolbox (Brenda Kahn, BCP)
- You Cannot Escape from Vocabulary! (Jon McGill, BCP)
- Lesson Planning for the Non-DI Classroom (Vicky Jennings, City Springs School, Jeff Krick, BCP)
- Lesson Planning for the Non-DI Classroom Part II ((Vicky Jennings, City Springs School, Jeff Krick, BCP)
- Reading Mastery Signatures (Stacey Hicks, BCP/City Springs School)
- Core Knowledge Read-Alouds: How to Plan Engaging Instruction (Brenda Kahn, BCP)
- Effective Firm-Up Procedures (Marvelyn Johnson, BCP/Hampstead Hill Academy)
|The Core Knowledge Foundation provided a 2-day|
Language Arts training for PreK and K teachers
BCP provides customized training for teachers through staff development days and a 1 to 2-week Summer Training Institute for new and returning teachers. BCP staff work with principals to identify training needs and develop training specifically to address these needs.
We would like to thank all of the presenters for their hard work in supporting our outstanding teachers.